The UK Bangladeshi Catalysts and Commerce & Industry launched from Vermillion in Manchester to promote business and entrepreneurship between Britain and Bangladesh and to encourage closer trade relationships. Described at the launch by founder Iqbal Ahmed OBE as a think-tank aiming to foster the next generation of business & entrepreneurs between the UK and Bangladesh. Some of the interesting Ideas floated included -work experience in Bangladesh for young people and the creation of a “UK trade zone” in Bangladesh. – As the largest foreign investor in Bangladesh such initiatives would certainly be welcomed by UK/Bangladeshi business entrepreneurs and have positive benefits to business and workers in both countries..
The UKBCCI Board are:
- Mr. Iqbal Ahmed OBE – Chair & Founder NRB Bank, Chair & Founder Seamark Group.
- Mr. Bajoor Rashid MBE – Former Pres. Bangladeshi Caterers Association, Chair & Founder of Insurance & Medical College B’desh
- Mr. MA Roul JP – Sponsor Director of Mutual Trust Bank, B’desh, Chair Britannia Group of Companies, Director Tigers Tours Ltd, Vice Chair University of St Andrews Union Debating Society
- Mr. Abdul Malik – Chair. Momtaz Diagnostic Bangladesh, Chair. Malik & Sons.
- Mr. Nazrul Islam Nuru – Director Shajal Islami Bank, Mother & Child UK and Kushiara Islamic Hospital and UK businessman for over 3 decades.
- Mr. Azad Ali – Owner of Whiteclif Group, Chair of Surma Group of Companies, Founder of over a dozen restaurants in the UK
- Mr. Jamal Uddin Mokkodus – Businessman , Founder Chair of M18 food wholesalers, Founder Director of Homeland Insurance, Founder Director Adventure Theme Park.
- Barrister Anawar Babul Miah – Member of the Honourable Society ofd Lincoln’sInn, President of the British Bangladesh Practicing Barristers’ Association, Labour Party nominee for Welwyn Hatfield for Parliamentary election 2015
- Ms. Rohima Miah – PR Consultant, Philanthropist
- Oli Khan International Award Winning Chef,and entrepreneur, Senior Vice Pres. Bangladesh Cateres Association UK, Founder & Sec. General British Bangladeshi Forum UK.
- Saiful Alam – Businessman, Owner of Prince of Bengal restaurant, Watford, Trustee of the Nabigonj Educational Trust, Membership Secretary of the BCA
- Farzana Hossain Neela – Businesswoman,owner of Neela’s Home Ltd, one of the most influential British Bangladeshi women driving an Import, Export & Wholesale Distribution Business.